Thursday, January 14, 2010

Is regis hair salon a good place to get haircuts ?and why ?

ive always seen it but never been there.some people tell me its good at coloring and retro haircuts


what do you think?Is regis hair salon a good place to get haircuts ?and why ?
Regis ruined my hair! I hate them. I went there for a relaxer and I had a super cool Aeon Flux type hair cut that the stylist kept complimenting. Well, she said there were a few straggly ends that she needed to trim, I was like, okay. Then after the relaxer she styled it in a weird bowl cut around my head and I didn't think much of it. I'm used to stylists styling my hair weird after a chemical service.





Well the next day I was doing my hair and realized that she had totally changed the cut! It was some salt n pepper style circa 1985 lopsided do! One side was supposed to be dramatically longer than the other and come to points. She ruined it. I had also just cut off my long hair to get that cut, so I wasn't used to short hair, but the style I had rocked, so I didn't mind.





I was stuck with a jacked up style that I had to go get fixed by someone else. When I called Regis to complain they blew me off basically and said the stylist could fix it for me. Yeah, right, I wasn't letting her anywhere near my head. I'm still trying to grow out my hair to what it was and that was back in May. My boyfriend says he hates them and wants to go shake that women because he knows how upset I still am about it (obviously).Is regis hair salon a good place to get haircuts ?and why ?
I think you are concerned about the wrong thing. The salon is only the establishment. It's the stylist that you want to talk to and find out if they can do your hair like you want it. The test to get into Regis as a stylist is not very hard. You may want to ask the stylists if they have any pictures of there work and let them know that you nervous.
I never trust these chain salons. The hiring process is not as paticular as smaller privately owned salons. Chains are in the business of making money even if they screw up your hair. Private salons have much more to lose as their business is their life. I have found that older stylists are much better as they actually know how to cut these younger, newer just out of school stylists are razor happy.
no. i have had a sub-par hair cut there and i know of a few other people who have had bad haircut experiences there. i'd look around and find a nice, non-chain place.
It all depends on the people working and their skill. Each one will be different. Overall, I would rate them a lower-mid grade salon. Better than your very cheapo Best Cuts or Fastastic Sams but not a higher end salon either.





Just look at some of the hair as the customers leave the store
No. I'm better at it, I think. I've never been there, but I've been to some low-costs ones, (not high end,) and my friends think I've had an expensive haircut. So, it depends on who the stylist is.

1 comment:

  1. You are going to have these situations ANY salon you go to. ANY ...Privately owned, Franchise (chain). I have worked for privately owned and franchise, and I have seen girls mess up at both. I have also seen clients that are horribly rude, which in turn makes the girls nervous. It needs to be a 50/50 relationship, I don't care if you are paying me. I don't HAVE to stand their and take your abuse. Anyhoo, back to the cuts. Not all stylists are great with cuts. I think most mess ups comes from less experience--not razor/cut happy. Also--the comment about older people knowing how to cut? True, most of them are still old school. BUT there are quite a few that mess up as well, because they can't cut the newer styles...the newer techniques. So I guess my point is: As a stylist, and as a client...WE ARE ALL HUMAN....we are all going to make mistakes. but here's the thing, you CAN NOT blame one stylist mistake on the whole establishment, being privately owned or franchise. Again, with the calling in and them saying the stylist can fix it and that's all they did to fix it. I have worked for Regis before, you must have had contact with someone having a bad day, because normally they do try everyday to make it right.

    Safest thing is to go to someone from "word of mouth", referred by family or friends.

    ReplyDelete