Monday, January 18, 2010

Regis Hair Salon unsatisfied?

I went to Regis to get my hair dyed to match my roots and it cost $70. I told the lady to dye my hair lighter than the color she wanted to go because I knew that the shade that she picked out was too dark for my natural hair color. The color came out really dark and she told me not to worry and that it would lighten up, but it never lightened and now I know I will still have bad roots %26gt;:( Can I go back and have them re-do my hair for free? Should I? I have never complained before to a hair dresser and I'm not very assertive...Regis Hair Salon unsatisfied?
It depends on how much time has gone by. If she used semi permanent hair color, don't worry, it will lighten up. If she used permanent hair color, than it's not going to lighten up much :( If it's been a week or less than you have a good chance of them fixing it for free. Call the salon, ask to speak to the stylist first (if that gets you no where, than call back %26amp; ask to speak to the manager), explain the situation, be nice %26amp; understanding (being rude will get you no where) %26amp; see what happens. If a lot of time has passed, %26amp; they won't change it for free, see if they'll only charge you half price to get it re-done.
  • highlight
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment